Thursday, June 23, 2011
I Love My Sister!!
Becky and I met up this week in Bowling Green for the night to hang out and have some Sister Time together. It is a rare treat these days to get time with Becky all to myself. Distance, children, husbands, parents, dogs, etc. mean that when we do come together, it is usually a group affair. Which is also great, but sometimes sisters just need some Sister Time. And that is just what we got! A whole evening of it. We relaxed at the hotel, went to hear a wonderful author, Karen Kingsbury, speak, and then had dinner at a favorite Bowling Green restaurant. We got to chat (uninterrupted by little boys) about books and bible studies and whatever else happened to come up. It was such a sweet time! The only thing I couldn't understand is, "Why do we not do this more often?"
Even the Casey News made the trip. It is a sort of a family joke about how our hometown newspaper always winds up with us on our visits. Mom and Becky still save copies of it for me to read and bring them down when they come to my house or have them ready and waiting on mom's coffee table when I arrive at hers. It is interesting, because even though I seem to know fewer and fewer of the names in the, no more than twenty page, weekly paper, I still enjoy my five minute peruse through it. Becky takes much longer to read through it, because she actually focuses on the details and reads through all of the stories. My approach is much different. I scan the pictures to see if I recognize anyone, which usually I do not, since I have been gone from my hometown for over fifteen years now. But ever so often, I will stumble across a picture of a classmate or a story about a friend who still lives in Casey County or their child and feel a connection to my old stomping ground.
So, of course, the Casey News made the Sister Trip. It is just a part of our fabric, I guess.
What a great night!! I love my sister!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment