Friday, February 1, 2013

THOSE shoes!!!


Have you ever just loved something so much that you couldn't let it go?

Those must be Caleb's sentiments toward his old white Asics.  

I did not know this until a recent incident.

He actually wore these shoes THREE pairs of tennis shoes ago.  Somehow they still linger in our home.  Somehow.

The bigger mystery is how in the world does his big ole foot still fit in these bad boys?

Over Christmas break, we bought Caleb a new pair of Asics.  While he was at school one day in his brand new shoes, I took my opportunity to discard the old ones into the trash.  I really thought they would not be missed. 

A couple of weeks went by and I totally forgot all about the shoes.  One day, while the boys were at school and I was putting some clothes away in the closet, something caught my eye.  I had to do a double take.  Could my eyes be playing tricks on me?

No, they were not.  

Those holey Asics were staring back at me in the back of the closet.  

But how???

It was almost as if they were sneering at me.

I closed the closet door and walked away, defeated.

Then I laughed my head off.

When Caleb got home from school, I showed him the shoes.  He got a sly little grin on his face, and I was like, "How did you find them?"

"Well, my chore is emptying the trash."

Touche.

After Caleb's valiant rescue effort, I didn't have the heart to actually escort them to dumpster myself.  I made the condition with him that if agreed that they would NEVER leave our property again, then he could keep them.

He agreed.  

Ugh.

The shoes are still here.

No comments: