Friday, February 1, 2013

Scrabble Love



If you know me very well, you know my love for Scrabble.  I just love words, as evidenced in my excessive use of them on a daily basis.

Alas, the only time I usually get to play is when Mom or Becky is around, since it is just not the game for Eric.  Sad, but true. Hmm, how did I miss this before committing to marry him?   TOTALLY KIDDING!  He has many other wonderful attributes.  Avid Scrabble player is just not one of them.

BUT all is not lost.  There are two other people who live in this house.  And one of them came to me recently with the Scrabble box in hand.  Woo Hoo, Caleb!  I think a small tear of joy escaped my eye.  Anyway, as we were setting up the game, another little Workman asked to play.  Sheer joy!  My hope was just one Scrabble convert, but two.  It is just too much.

Due to bed time, we had to put the game on hold.  I captured this shot of our first board together.  I will hang it on the wall next to my grand children's pictures one day.  Ha!  We did actually make it pretty far in the game over the course of about three days.

Here's to many, many more games of Scrabble together!

Maybe, just maybe, we will one day convert Eric, too.  Probably not.

But maybe.

No comments: