Thursday, July 30, 2009

Beware of the Butterflies!


Recently, Tante treated the boys and I to a fun-filled day in Chattanooooooooga! And what a day we had! It included a trip to the Tennessee Aquarium, a walk through the beautiful downtown area to the fountain park, ice cream at Clumpies, and was topped off with a lovely little dinner prepared by Tante's daughter, Jena, at her apartment. Oh and a bit of Wii action for Biz and Jena's hubby, Brian, who just so happens to manage Clumpies. Yeah, Brian's cool rating skyrocketed up the Biz scale that day! As a bonus, we also got to spend the entire day with Baby Maggie and her mommy, Rachel, who were with us on our trip.












































Biz's first shot of the penguins


The boys really enjoyed the aquarium. There was so much to see. We were especially delighted to stumble upon the penguins...dada's favorite animal. Biz was the first to spot them and excitedly began calling, "I found them! I found them! Dada will be so happy!" Biz had been given specific instructions to get pictures of the penguins, if we found any. That he did and many pictures were captured. Many. I had to drag Seth away from one of the penguins. He made friends with this guy, and was totally convinced he was real. I didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise.































Another Workman family favorite was the jelly fish exhibit. It was the final stop on our aquarium tour. Those are some cool creatures. Even Sethie, who had long since expired by the time we made it to the jelly fish area, was in awe as they danced around the tanks. Who knew there were so many different kinds of jelly fish?




















The huge turtles were also a hit with the boys, but one particular area was NOT a fan favorite. My rough and tumble Biz, who did not bat an eye when he saw the sharks, alligators and all of the other scary looking sea life, nearly flipped out inside the little oh so humid butterly sanctuary. As soon as we entered, he got a very uneasy look on his face and began clinging to my arm. As we walked deeper into the garden, he began voicing his urgent need to leave this place. I was a bit baffled, because it was a room with lots of plant life and trees, but nothing looked very threatening from my angle. In Biz's defense, I don't think he quite gets the fact that all things that fly around are not out to sting or bite you. It is something that we have explained to him many times, but it has yet to click. Seeing all of those butterflies flying around nearly sent Biz over the edge, so we made our exit quickly. As we walked out the door, Biz clearly stated, " I am NOT going in there ever again." Noted.



I tried to capture a picture of the scary beasts.

























What a great day we had. Thanks again, Tante!! Needless to say, we all slept VERY well that night.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was a great day!! Tante