Monday, April 20, 2009

Not Too Shabby...


For a guy who is almost 30!!

Bright and early on Saturday morning, Eric ran the Walk and Roll 5K, a benefit run to raise funds and awareness for the League for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and three other Nashville area non-profit agencies who also encourage those with differing abilities to participate in their communities and live active lives. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day for the event. Eric finished second in the race and I was oh so proud of my handsome runner man!


And that first place finisher was just freakishly fast! He was a whole five minutes ahead of the pack. He may have crossed the finish line and just kept right on running, because I don't remember seeing him after the race was over.

So, from the mouth of my hubby, "Among the mortals, I was number one."




And equally as impressive, Beth, Lily, and I strolled along in the 1 mile walk. If I had worn appropriate footwear, we would have been all over that 5K walk. No worries, though, no sweat was broken on our parts.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I don't know, Lily was pretty tired after the walk, lol.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your support babe. Best wife ever! - Dada