While running errands this morning, Caleb was even more inquisitive than usual. I don't think his little mouth stopped moving from the moment we pulled out of the driveway until we arrived back home. But even then, I don't think it really ever closed. At one point while we were out and about, I realized that I had finally run out of answers to my four and half-year-old's constant questioning.
Mommy: Biz, you sure do ask a lot of questions. My ears are tired.
Biz: I know, Mom. I am just one big question mark.
When Granny is around and he is in this mode, she just laughs. Smiling at me she says, "He is just like you were. I loved you dearly when you were little, but sometimes I couldn't wait for you to go to bed at night just so your mouth would stop moving."
Oh, how I can relate, Mom!!
I am over the moon for that little motor mouth, but sometimes his sleep brings about the rest my ears (sometimes desperately) need.
No comments:
Post a Comment