Friday, October 17, 2008

Camping Trip


Last weekend we traveled to Montgomery Bell State Park with Uncle Tim, Tante, their nephew, Daniel, and Josiah. We had such a fun, relaxing time. It was so great to get to spend time with the McLaughlins and Tante made Caleb's day by bringing Daniel along as a surprise. The boys had a really good time playing and adventuring together. One of Caleb's favorite parts was, of course, sitting by the fire and roasting marshmellows. Seth proved to be a great little hiker and enjoyed the extra bonding time with Jo-Jo. Eric and I just loved being together with good friends and taking it easy in the great outdoors.


I have to admit that, at first, I was a little apprehensive about taking the boys on their first camping trip. I am not exactly the "roughing it" type and I wasn't sure if the boys would actually sleep well outdoors. I had envisioned that camping would be a very stressful event filled with lots of bug bites. I was proved wrong on all accounts. I found out that I am a little more rugged and it was a lot less buggy than I thought. Plus, the boys absolutely loved everything about camping and slept like champs (once they finally gave in and went to sleep). Eric and I can't wait to take the boys again!! It was such an awesome experience for the whole Workman clan.


Here is a long photo recap of our camping trip:






















































































































































































No comments: