I never knew so much life could exist in one little person...until seven years ago, when I met Caleb. From the day he was born, he has been bursting with energy and excitement. He has always been a dynamo. He is full of creativity, passion, adventure, and spunk. And energy. (I know, I said that already, didn't I?) It hasn't always been easy to keep up with Biz, but it has been a lot of fun and has given me a whole new perspective on the world! He is a such a joy and holds a big ole piece of my heart.
We were joking today about his birth and how he was not in any hurry to come into the world once my labor started seven years ago, which is in complete contrast to his personality. "I must have really liked your belly," he told me. He was asking me about labor and what it was and why it hurt and this and that. I did my best to answer in kid-friendly terms and not jump into a biology lesson. Ummm..I sometimes have a difficult time with that and have to be careful to not give out too much information. But I think I pulled it off without traumatizing my first born.
Let me just say, I am not one of those moms who totally forgot the pain and discomfort of labor. Yeah, that has stayed with me. Don't get me wrong, though, I am also one of those crazy people who remembers it all, and still absolutey loved experiencing it all!
After talking with Biz about his birth, it hit me that twenty-two hours was a really, really long time to get a human being out of your body. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. Multiplied by four. And yes, unmedicated, at home, in our bed, all over again. Caleb got a real kick out of me saying that I would go through a hundred hours of labor if that is what it took to have him as my son.
"One HUNDRED hours? Really, mom?"
Yes, it would be a small price to pay.
Happy Birthday, Bizzy Boy!!!


1 comment:
Happy Birthday to The Biz. The beginning of a joy that was placed in our hearts 7 years ago. Can't imagine how life was before him and his angel little brother. (He really is an angel, I've seen his wings)
Love,
M&P
Post a Comment