Thursday, July 1, 2010

Biz on Skis!!

Whew!  This week has been quite the contrast from last week's nowhere to be, carefree, long relaxing days of vacation.  It seems like once we got back to Franklin, we had to hit the ground running again full speed ahead.  Of course, when you have minimal, if any, meal preparations, no errands to run, no work schedule, no appointments/playdates to keep and lots of other eyes and arms to help watch over and entertain two active boys, that makes for a pretty carefree, easy going week at the lake.  Did I mention all of the free time I had to read?  And the gorgeous view we had?  It made Eric and I long even more for our future lake house.  Ahhh...

But for now, we are content with taking our relaxing lake trips when we can and enjoying our active, rest when you can, keeping up with two little boys lifestyle the rest of the time.  

We had a great time at Kentucky Lake with our family.  Here is one of the highlights from our trip...Biz's first time skiing!!



After watching the big people take their turns on skis throughout the week ( I was not one of those people.  My water skiing days have long since passed), Biz was ready to take his turn.  Pepaw surprised him on Thursday with a pair of junior skis of his own.  Woo Hoo!! Biz was so excited!  And ready to put them on immediately. 












He did such a great job!  Really.  Even with Biz's athletic abilities, I was surprised at how quickly he caught on.  He got up on his first try! And every time after.  He wasn't able to maintain his ride for long, but that didn't stop him from doing it again...and again.  He was very determined and had a lot of fun with Daddy, as he learned to ski.













1 comment:

Kate said...

I never cease to be amazed at the athletic ability of those Workman boys! I'm trying to remember how many tries it took me to get up my first time (at the age of 19)... I'm pretty sure it was at least 3.