Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cowboys at the Zoo






A couple of weeks ago I had a playdate with JUST my boys.  It isn't very often that that happens.  Not the playdate thing...we are avid playdaters.  We are just blessed to have friends who love to play and go on outings with us, so usually we meet up with friends when we go to the zoo, park, or wherever the wind takes us that day.  Caleb totally gets that it isn't all about he and Sethie getting to play with friends, too.  Recently, when I told him we were going to have a playdate, he said, "I bet you are glad that you are going to get to talk to your friend while we play."  You got it buddy!  Playdates are not just for kiddos!

The boys and I had a great time at the zoo!  Although we have been there many times and Caleb could probably navigate his way through with his eyes closed, he was very excited to get his map at the gate and be our zoo guide for the day.  Our cowboy zoo guide.  Of course, Seth had map in hand, too. He was the assistant cowboy zoo guide.

The boys quickly determined their path and off we went.  The most anticipated destination for us was the porcupine habitat.  However, when we got there, our prickly friends were sleeping and no amount of Workman vocal prodding would get them to wake-up and walk around.  Believe me, we tried.  But the alligators, monkeys, meerkats, and all of the critters in the Unseen New World exhibit did not disappoint.  The jungle gym play area won out over visiting the bigger animals this time.  And despite being run out of our picnic area by honey bees...honey bees that totally took over the assitant cowboy zoo guide's apple sauce...we had such a fun day together.  Good, good times!

I can't wait to do it again!! When it gets warmer, of course.











1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I missed these little Zoo Cowboys. Looks like a fun time though!