Friday, November 21, 2008

One Cute Little Indian

It is no secret that I am not very "Arts and Crafty." I think I once had some creative flair, but I think it got buried somewhere beneath all of the science jargon in chiropractic school and the trucks and tools involved with having boys. Since sitting down (period...let alone to draw, color, or glue fuzzy pom poms on paper) is a challenge for my little balls of energy, it has left me with little motivation to find fun, crafty things for us to do. And quite honestly, I would much rather be racing cars with the boys than coloring or finger painting. However, I am in awe of my friends (esp. with boys) who have a desire to think up fun and creative projects and then actually carry them out.



I think that is why I am so very fond of Caleb's preschool teacher this year. Miss Cindy is the most creative person I have ever met (okay, maybe it is a tie between her and Kristin). Each day I am amazed at the creative projects that she undertakes with 10 four year olds. She usually does not do just one craft activity a day, but two and sometimes three. Caleb loves it! Although he does not have a lot of interest in it at home yet, he really enjoys doing arts and crafts at school. And that helps alleviate some of my mommy guilt for not having more creative activities at home. Thanks Miss Cindy! Actually, this week, he did make a "work desk"downstairs for his art supplies. Although he has yet to sit down and actually do any projects, he seems to at least be taking some interest in moving in that direction. We will see.



No, Caleb will probably never be that child that says, "Let's sit down and color, mom." Maybe Seth will. Who knows? But it is okay, either way.



Caleb's Indian wear courtesy of Miss Cindy's creative genius.

I don't think I would have ever looked at a paper grocery bag and thought, "Hey, that would make a great indian vest." But I am thankful that other people have an eye and a mind for that.

1 comment:

Chervenka5 said...

What a neat idea! I, too, am not very crafty, but Annica could color, paint, and glue pom-poms all day long. When I want Caleb to actually sit with her for an amount of time, I give him scissors. I have to limit what else is within his reach, but he would happily cut paper into teeny-tiny pieces all day long!