Monday, September 8, 2008

Ahh...the Lake House


Eric and I share the same dream...to one day own our own lake house. We look forward to the days when we don't have anywhere we have to be and can just spend our time relaxing by the lake and basking in the beauty of the water together. Not that we desire to rush these precious years by (well, most days anyway), but in those particulary challenging moments, it is reassuring to catch each other's eye and think or say aloud, "Ahh...the lake house." Some days we say it a lot.

We both grew up loving the lake and the water. I remember when I was pregnant with Caleb thinking,
" I sure hope God gives us waterdogs." And He did. (Thanks!) We both spent much of our summers growing up on the beautiful Kentucky lakes (Cumberland for me; Cave Run for Eric) and still savor the chances we get to spend there now, sharing the fun with our own little family.


Reminders, from Labor Day weekend with Memaw and Pepaw on the lake, why we share the same dream and, if God wills it, we will one day make one of our favorite places our home:

























































No comments: